Last Updated on Aug 9, 2020 by Ray Roman
In this post, we’re going to take a look at the Grand Design Imagine travel trailer. so let’s get started. The Grand Design Imagine is a lightweight travel trailer with some very Innovative floor plans. it’s a travel trailer that is lightweight but doesn’t compromise luxury. it has some outstanding features including LED lighting, and their residential Master Suite to name a few.
Grand Design Imagine Review
Before I begin my review of The Grand Design Imagine Please be aware that I do not own this travel trailer this review was based on Research I have conducted on the manufacturer’s website RV forums and consumer product review forums I will indicators horses at the end of this article.
The Grand Design Imagine is available in 11 different floor plans. All of the plans feature a 60 by 80 queen bed and sometimes even have a fireplace. you’ll also fine a 30 by 36 shower with skylight refrigerator pantry and a 32in LED tv entertainment center. a couple of the plans have bunk beds with bike storage .
Grand Design Imagine Construction
When it comes to construction The Grand Design Imagine seems to be one of the better-constructed travel trailers on the market. it has a gel coated fiberglass exterior it also has a one-piece roof membrane with a 12-year warranty. it has insulated storage doors and the rear wall side walls are laminated aluminum framed with an R-value of 7.
on the slide-out rooms, The Grand Design Imagine also has a laminated aluminum framed roof and walls.
the floor on the Imagine has an R-value of 30 and it is also a laminated aluminum framed.
One thing to know on the fully laminated walls is that they use rigid foam insulation instead of soft fiberglass insulation. it’s been known that soft fiberglass insulation and sometimes settle and leave uninsulated are gaps
The roof the floor and the front cap are old double insulated as well.
Grand Design Imagine Features
When it comes to Features The Grand Design Imagine is loaded there are tons of standard features and some packages that are mandatory on the Imagine. Let’s take a look at some of the features that are included:
- Power tongue jack
- Solar power Inlet
- Backup camera prep
- 80% tint radio safety glass windows
- (2) 20 lb liquid propane bottles
- 28-inch radius entry door
- Exterior speakers too much more
- Solid hardwood drawers front
- Frosted glass cabinet door inserts
- Pre-drilled and screwed Cabinetry
- Ball bearing full extension drawer Glides
- Large panoramic windows
- Upgraded residential furniture
- Radius ceiling with 81 in tall Headroom
- Per dish storage
Grand Design Interior
These some photos of the Grand Design interior of some of their floor plans.
In the kitchen of the Imagine you will find some cover, residential countertops, Stainless Steel Microwave, stainless steel 3 burner range with oven, and a double door refrigerator.
The bedroom has a master suite with a 60 by 80-inch queen bed, solid bedroom door leading to the master suite, oversized under-bed storage, residential bedspread, and TV and cable ready.
Grand Design Mandatory Packages
The Grand Design Imagine has three packages of features that are mandatory.
Peace of Mind Pacakge
The first one is gold the Peace of Mind package and includes among many things a drop frame front pass-through storage, aluminum entry steps, a walk on roof, a tri-fold hide-a-bed sofa, nitrogen filled radial tires, a diamond plate front rock guard, aluminum rims.
Ultimate Power Package
The ultimate power package Which is also mandatory includes electric awning with LED light, LED interior lighting, motion sensor pass through lighting, Bluetooth stereo a high-definition LED television and 30 amp service.
Four Season Package
The Four Season protection package this one too is mandatory and includes a 35k BTU high capacity furnace, heated and enclosed underbelly with suspended tanks, designated heat duct to subfloor, high-density roof insulation with attic vent, double insulated Roofing front cap.
Grand Design Imagine Owner Reviews
As per my research on RVinsider.com The Grand Design Imagine gets an average rating of four stars.
These are some of the positive that owners have reported about The Grand Design imagine.
- The layout of the Imagine is well thought out, bedroom layout is great lots of storage.
- The slide-out creates a comfortable living area, more storage than I would ever use.
- The bathroom is a good size it has a large shower in a real toilet.
- Excellent outdoor cooking space and the 21-foot awning is great
- The Grand Design customer service has been amazing
And there are some negative reporting from owners as well, for example:
- One owner after the first trip the latches for the screen door main door have to be fixed.
- The same owner reported that the awning leaked in 5 places and that the water pump extra trailer Shake all over.
- Another owner has reported that the trim Ash falling apart after only Seven Trips and that it had to reattach it every single time.
- In addition, the vent covers pop off in the bedroom door stops fell off. They always seem to be fixing something and have stated they would not buy from Grand Design again.
Grand Design Video Walkthrough
Grand Design Imagine Review Summary
Overall and based on my online research I think the Grand Design Imagine travel trailer is a very good travel trailer. on average it is getting a 4-star rating which is very good compared to other similar travel trailers, Grand Design themselves seems to take customer service seriously, and from what I’m reading they seem to be very responsive to customer issues.
The Grand Design Imagine has lots of room, the floor layout is excellent, in the features are high-quality. like all other travel trailer manufacturers, there’s a chance you’re going to get one that’s not well put together so that’s a chance but you have to be cognizant of. make sure you are dealing with a reputable dealer who can address any issues you may have with the Grand Design Imagine in an expedient manner.