Last Updated on
In this post, we are going to take a look at the Riverside RVs Intrepid. Riverside RVs is well known for designing some of the nicest looking retro-style RVs in the industry, however, with the Intrepid they are going where they have not been before. The Intrepid series of travel trailers feature laminated construction and modern exterior and interior styling. These trailers are also lightweight and can be towed with a half-ton truck.
The exterior of the Intrepid looks great with its cool graphics and aerodynamic front end. The interior was designed in a modern contemporary styling which is one of its stronger features. Here are just a few of the Intrepid highlights.
- Molded fiberglass front cap
- Heated and enclosed underbellies
- Vacuum-laminated sidewalls
- Tongue-and-groove plywood floor decking
- Upgraded PVC roof membrane
- Outside kitchen or entertainment (depends on floorplan)
- Rear kitchen layout
- Walk-in closet and lots of storage throughout
- Pass-through storage
- Single slide out
The Intrepid is available in 7 floorplans ranging in length from 20 feet to 33 feet. Towing weight will range from 5,100 lbs to 6,500 lbs which makes the Intrepid a true half-ton towable. Pricing will be from approximately $32,000 to $37,000.
The awnings width range from 15 ‘ to 20’. The awnings are powered and include LED lights.
Most, if not all, the floorplans include the following features (This is an abbreviated list, you can sell all features on their website:
- Aluminum frame with double-welded
- The I-beam chassis is powder-coated
- Sidewalls are laminated and bright white
- The underbelly of all models is heated and enclosed
- There is a 12 Volt converter rated at 55 amps
- All windows and safety glass and tinted
- Roof A/C is ducted
- The roof is PVC membrane colored bright white
- An exterior washing station is available
- A spare tire and associated spare tire carrier
- Black tank flush
- The front is protected by a diamond plate rock guard
- Electric/ gas water heater
- Aluminum rims and premium radial tires
- Walk-on-roof for easy maintenance
- The front cap is molded fiberglass with LED
- Flush mount range, 3 burners, and a glass top
- Double door electric fridge 10.7 Cubic feet
- Shower surround with skylight
- LED lighting inside and out
- Power awning with LED strip lighting
- Stainless steel sink
- Entertainment system- AM/FM/BLUETOOTH/ HDMI STEREO
The Intrepid also gives you the opportunity to upgrade many of the features already on the camper. Here is a shortlist of just some of the optional upgrades available:
- 15K BTU A/C in place of the 13.5K
- 15K BTU LoPro A/C in place of the 13.5K
- 13.5K BTU LoPro A/C in place of the 13.5K
- Freestanding table and chairs
- Hide-a-bed sofa
- Theater seating – if space permits on the floorplan
- Fireplace with remote
You can see all of the features and options on their website.
In the photo above you can see the kitchen on the Intrepid 240. The color scheme is mostly white and gray which is what a lot of RV brands are moving to these days. The counter-tops appear to be a solid surface. The cabinets doors sport modern-looking handles. We really like the full-size refrigerator on this model.
Want to add some more sleeping capacity? It’s easy to do as the u-shaped dinette converts to a full-size bed in minutes. There is also extra storage space under the dinette seats.
The view above is of the spacious bedroom outfitted with a queen-size bed. There is walk-through space on either side of the bed, a bed closest on either side and overhead bedroom storage.
Riverside RVs Warranty
During my research for this travel trailer, I came upon a comment on one of the RV forums that said Riverside RV does not warranty its campers. I reached out to Riverside and received a response from Bobby Fish, VP of Sales and Marketing. Here is his response:
Riverside does Warranty all of the units that we build. We offer the Standard 12 Month Limited Bumper to Bumper Warranty along with the Component Warranties. The New PVC Roof is a 15 Year Warranty and the Roofing Material prior to the PVC carries a 12 Year Warranty.
Riverside RVs Intrepid Video Walkthrough (280QB)
Video courtesy of Jake Zajicek
The Intrepid has a sleek looking front with LED lights on either side of the black paint on front. A power tongue jack can be seen here as well as the two 20lbs propane tanks with cover, with room for your batteries right behind the dual propane tanks.
The lower front end is protected by a diamond plate painted black to match the rest of the RV. The stabilizer accepts a 3/4 inch head to quickly and easily lower the stabilizers. There is also pass-through storage.
One neat feature of the Intrepid is that all storage compartment doors have magnets on them so you don’t have to worry about clips or anything like that. The power awning is huge and provides plenty of shade. Just below the power awning, you’ll find dual upgraded marine-grade speakers.
The outdoor kitchen includes an Elite Series griddle, small lsink, faucet, and small outdoor fridge. This camper is a back-up camera prepped, is equipped with an outdoor shower and spare tire. The dual axle will give you better stability.
Inside is where the magic happens on this camper. Great looking interior, lots of counter space, huge fridge, separate shower and toilet, and a vanity. Check out the video above to truly appreciate this camper.
In my opinion, Riverside RVS has outdone themselves with the Intrepid. It is a beautifully designed travel trailer. The quality of material and interior styling puts the Intrepid right near the top of my list as one of the campers to consider when Tammy and I purchase. Pricing seems to be in the sweet spot for these types of campers and features. It’s a new model so we need to see how well they hold up in actual use.