Without a doubt, the best portable RV waste tank is the Camco Rhino Portable Waste Holding Tank. It’s a heavy-duty tank that is easy to use and constructed of extremely durable, blow-molded, UV-stabilized HDPE. It is available in capacities ranging from 15-35 gallons.
- Ready to use kit includes everything needed to transport waste from your RV or trailer to a dump station when you're parked too far away for an RV sewer hose
- Large, heavy duty, no flat wheels with bearings make transporting the tow tank smooth and effortless
Last update on 2021-04-14 / Paid Affiliate Link / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Features of the Camco Rhino
The Camco portable RV waste tank has a lot of great features that make it our top pick. Here are some of these features:
- Designed to be easy to use
- You get everything you need to transport waste from your RV to dump station
- It includes all the accessories you need to clean, maintain and store the tote
- Wheels are no-flat with bearing to provide a smooth transport
- The tank is made from blow-molded HDPE tank won’t leak or deteriorate in the sun
In addition to the above features, it has a removable tow adapter. This adapter allows you to roll the tote tank just like you would roll luggage. Thee drain hole on this portable RV waste tank was placed low to ensure it drains completely.
The Camco Rhino has a smooth interior so it’s easy to clean with the integrated tank rinser. You can easily hang it from your RV ladder with the integrated ladder hook.
This portable RV waste tank comes with a generous two-year warranty. It comes with everything you need:
- Tote Tank with a large durable handle, oversized wheels, tank rinser, and ladder hook
- 15″ female-to-female orange Rhino greywater hose
- 3′ RhinoExtreme sewer hose with swiveling bayonet and lug fittings
- Clear double bayonet elbow
- Clear bayonet elbow with removable 4-in-1 adapter
- Bayonet and lug storage caps for the hose
- Steel tow adapter
- Caps with lanyards
Here is just a sampling of what owners have to say:
“I purchased the 28-gallon portable Rhino Tank to save me from having to hook up the 5th wheel and dump the tanks. This tank works wonderfully.”
I bought the 36 gallon not really thinking through how gigantic it would be. This thing is huge. It appears well built. I like the accessories that came with it.
There some things you need to keep in mind if you purchase the Camco Rhino. Some buyers have had problems with the wheels coming off. The wheels use a snap cover to keep them attache to the axle. Several users have removed the snap caps and drilled a hole through the axel and added cotter pins and SS washers.
Overall we highly recommend the Camco Rhino. It is one of the best rated portable RV waste tanks on the market today. Easy to use, has all the accessories you need and made of very durable materials with and a two-year warranty as well. You can go wrong.
Barker Portable RV Waste Tank
Not to be left behind Barker also makes a portable RV waste tank. The Barker RV waste tank is an excellent unit and comes pre-assembled. It has some features not available on the Camco Rhino above.
- Constructed from blow-molded polyethylene, zinc-plated steel and aluminum
- Front-mounted double wheel-swivel engineered for easy maneuvering and mounted on a heavy-duty, extra large mounting plate
Last update on 2021-04-15 / Paid Affiliate Link / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Here are some of the features you will find on the Barker RV waste tank:
- Pneumatic wheels with axle bearings
- You’ll find grease fittings ensure convenient portability
- Front-mounted, swiveled, double-wheeled tow handle mounted on an extra-large mounting plate for easy maneuvering
- Quality, heavy-duty, conventional 3” waste valve for easy and dependable emptying with no lifting needed
- 3” x 5’ sewer hose with 3” bayonet hose adapters and stainless steel hose clamps for simple and sanitary emptying
- Filler hose assembly for easy filling with less mess
Overall the Barker RV waste tank is a nice unit that is built to be durable and works really well.
The biggest advantage it has over the Camco Rhino is that is comes fully assembled whereas the Camco needs a bit of assembly.
The Barker is more expensive but it does have a higher capacity. It’s available in a 25-42 gallon capacity range.
How To Empty a Portable RV Waste Tank
In this video, you’ll learn how to operate your portable waste tank. It’s not as difficult as it sounds and having a portable waste tank is very convenient if your campground space only has water and electricity with no dump hookup. You can also check out this article as well.
Do You Need a Portable RV Waste Tote Tank
In some cases having a portable RV waste tank can be a lifesaver. An RV waste tote tank lets you dump the black water tank anywhere you are at so you can continue on your trip. They are available in a variety of sizes and can double your black water capacity. If you are boondocking the extra black tank capacity is extremely useful.
If you happen to be parked where there is no dump station or it’s too far than using the RV waste tote might be your only option. It is easier to transport the filled waste tank to the dump station than it is to pack up your camper and drive it a few hundred feet to the dump station.
Here are some benefits to owning a portable RV waste tank:
- Excellent for boondocking
- Your black water tank capacity is increased
- Primitive camping is no longer a problem
- No need to take your RV to the dump station, just roll your waste tank over
- Useful if you have a large family or extra occupants
Best Portable RV Waste Tank Conclusion
As you can see having a portable RV waste tank has many advantages. Choosing the right size is important so make sure you take into account how often you will need to empty your black water tank. The more occupants in the RV the more often you will need to empty it out.